Teletherapy: Secure Video Counseling
Teletherapy is a convenient and time-saving option for psychotherapy that has proven through research to be as effective as face-to-face therapy for many patients. Through the use of a webcam, smartphone, or tablet, you can participate in therapy at your home, office, or anywhere in the world. Telehealth sessions are conducted via our HIPAA-compliant secure online portal. Schedule a free 15-minute consultation to determine if telehealth is the right option for meeting your needs.
Benefits of Teletherapy
- Time and stress reduced from not driving to and from therapy appointments
- Patient privacy strengthened by not attending a physical office
- Homebound patients have access to services without paying a premium for home visits
- Access to therapy even when on business trips or vacation
- Consistency in therapeutic progress by the ability to still attend therapy in spite of illness, work conflicts, or personal schedule
- Patients with limited access to quality care have the opportunity to work with a clinician who may be more experienced or knowledgeable for their situation
North Texas Psychology offers patients access to an online patient portal. This portal is a secure online tool in which patents can:
- Communicate with your provider
- Access test results and summaries of prior sessions
- Schedule appointments or request appointment reminders
Easy and Convenient
Connect via an instant, secure connection on your computer, laptop, or mobile device (Note: To use a smartphone, you must first download Telehealth by SimplePractice– available for iOSor Androidin the app store). View our Telehealth FAQ for detailed instructions on how to use our Telehealth services.
Here’s what to do:
1) Make a video appointment. If you are a new patient and don’t yet have a video appointment, schedule a consultation here. Be sure to choose ‘video consultation’.
If you are a current client you can schedule a video session here.
2) Check your browser. You’ll need to be using the latest Chrome or Firefox browser on your computer, or you can download Telehealth by SimplePractice– available for iOSor Androidin the app store if using your smartphone.
3) Enter the Virtual Waiting Room at your appointment time. I’ll meet you there.