Rates and Insurance
At North Texas Psychology, we strive to provide comprehensive psychological services delivered by doctoral-level psychologists. While our fees are included below, don’t hesitate to contact our office to discuss options for treatment. Together we will come up with a solution that is best for you. All costs will be explained upfront, allowing you to make well informed decisions concerning your care. This investment in yourself or your child may be the biggest, most valuable gift you could ever receive.
- Individual Therapy $175 (50 minutes)
- Individual Therapy $210 (60 minutes)
- Alpha-Stim® Treatment $20 (add-on 20-40 minutes during therapy)
- Alpha-Stim® Treatment $40 (20 minutes/stand-alone/not during counseling)
- Alpha-Stim® Treatment $60 (40 minutes/stand-alone/not during counseling)
- Alpha-Stim® Treatment $80 (60 minutes/stand-alone/not during counseling)
- Prescription/Training for In-Home Use of Alpha-Stim® $50 *No charge with device purchase
Psychological Assessment Fees
The cost for psychological evaluation will vary depending on your needs. On average, the cost of a complete psychological assessment will range from $1200 to $2800. All assessment services are billed at $175 per hour. During your initial consultation, the fees for your needed services will be discussed and explained in full.
For psychological assessments, we may be able to schedule installment plans using a credit card on file. If you have questions about your payment or financial options, please contact our office.
As a matter of general policy, our psychologists do not testify in custody or other legal matters. If we are subpoenaed to court to testify regarding your treatment, you are responsible for our fees for time out of office for travel and court proceedings. Legal consultation, report writing, correspondence, and telephone contact for legal action are billed at $360 per hour. Payment in full is required prior to releasing letters and reports in legal matters.
If called to testify in court, the fees are as follows:
- $360 per hour for court preparation, including conversations with attorneys, research, and report preparation
- $360 per hour with a 4-hour minimum ($1,440 retainer due at time of subpoena) within a 40-mile radius
- $360 per hour with a 8-hour minimum ($2,880 retainer due at time of subpoena) beyond a 40-mile radius
- Mileage charges at the standard IRS rate
- Overnight lodging, if necessary
No Show/Late Cancellation Fees
Patient care is a top priority for North Texas Psychology, and our schedules remain full. We generally run on schedule and expect our patients to do the same. Please give 24-hour advance notice if you are unable to keep your appointment. This allows us to offer your scheduled treatment time to patients who may be waiting for an appointment. If prior and timely notification is not given, you will be charged the full fee for the missed session.
Frequently Asked Questions about Fees and Insurance
Do You Take Insurance?
We are out of network for all insurance companies. If you choose to use your out-of-network benefits, we will provide a monthly superbill that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. You will be reimbursed directly by your insurance company depending on your out of network benefits. Please contact your insurance company with questions about out-of-network benefits, deductibles, coinsurance, and more.
How Do I Discover What My Insurance Will Cover?
To find out what your insurance may cover, contact your insurance and ask if you have out-of-network mental health coverage. If you need to provide a “CPT code” or a “service code” you can provide the following codes:
- Individual Therapy (45 minute) – CPT 90834
- Individual Therapy (60 minute) – CPT 90837
- Attended Electrical Stimulation (during therapy) – CPT 97032
- Stand-Alone Electrical Stimulation (20-60 minute) – CPT 90899
- One-on-One Instructions for Home Use of Adaptive Equipment (15 minute) CPT 97535
You may also want to mention that all of our providers are doctoral-level licensed psychologists to ensure services with this credential are covered. Other things you may want to ask about are:
- If your plan includes out-of-network benefits
- What your deductible is
- What your co-insurance payment will be
- How many visits you get per year
- If you need authorization for your visits
- Details on how to submit a superbill
Accepted Methods of Payment
Payment is expected at the time of service. Cash, check and all major credit cards are accepted. Additionally, North Texas Psychology accepts Health Savings Accounts/Flexible Spending Accounts (HSA/FSA) as a direct form of payment without the hassle of submitting paperwork. We require all patients to keep a credit card on file even if paying by other methods.
Take The Next Step Towards Getting Help
Let’s discover how we can help. Reach out to get your free 15-minute phone consultation. During your free consultation call, you can share a bit about what’s going on, and we can answer any questions you have. To get your free 15-minute consultation, use the online scheduler. We are here for you.